Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Hello, Gorgeous!!


BLUEBERRY-RICOTTA-ALMOND MUFFINS

Wow, wow! Beautiful little beauties just waiting for that cup of coffee and a lazy Sunday morning...

Sigh...

~~~~


1/4 cup butter, softened
1/2 cup sugar
1 whole egg
1 egg white
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/4 teaspoon almond extract
1/2 cup ricotta cheese
3/4 cup flour
1/2 cup almond flour (Bob's Red Mill brand is great)
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking powder
2 cups fresh or frozen blueberries
Sugar

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease 12 regular muffin cups and set aside.
In a large bowl cream the butter and NS crystals. Beat in whole egg, egg white, vanilla extract, almond extract, and ricotta cheese. In a small bowl mix the flour, almond flour, salt, and baking powder. Stir into the ricotta mixture
just until moistened. Fold in 1 1/4 cup berries.

Fill muffin cups with batter. Press the remaining berries on the top of the batter and sprinkle with sugar. Bake for 18-20 minutes or until golden on the edges and a tester comes out with moist crumbs. Makes 12 regular-sized muffins.

12 comments:

  1. This is a a very crumbly muffin for sure!! I love the blueberries that stayed whole in the baking process!! I am going over to your other blog now!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay, we must be soulmates or something because every time I'm on Foodgawker I end up clicking on your pictures (not knowing who's it is)! I swear I've been here 50 times in the last 3 days! lol. These are some of the most beautiful muffins I've ever seen- I just want to grab those tops, how yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely looking muffins. I never thought of adding ricotta to it. Guess I have to make me a batch of these soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I made these this weekend. I will NEVER make a muffin any other way. I ended up eating 5 all by myself. Unbelievably delicious. THANK YOU!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You kinda, sorta, maybe liked the muffins, hunh?!!

    (Thanks for the great review!)

    ReplyDelete
  6. First of all these muffins look absolutely amazing and the recipe doesn't sound like I'd gain 5 pounds just by looking at them - always a plus! I would absolutely LOVE to try these, the only issue is an allergy to almonds. My first thought was to replace the almond extract with lemon because we all know how tasty blueberry and lemon are together, but what should I replace the 1/2 cup of almond flour with?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Simply use all purpose flour and ADD the yolk with the extra egg white. OR another tablespoons of butter to make up for the fat that's in the almond flour. That will work great.

    I do a lot of lower-carb baking and subbing some of the AP flour for almond is how you reduce the simple carbs. I actually DID that with this recipe and liked it so left it that way. But the original was all all-purpose!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I made these... AMAZING- but I substituted blueberries with STRAWBERRIES (going bad post-Thanksgiving). I also had to do 100% all-purpose flour.

    The almond extract really compliments the strawberries.

    Oh, and I also made two muffins with chocolate chips and another two with chopped walnuts that I moistened and coated with cinnamon and sugar. I then folded that into a bit of batter... will report back as they JUST got out of the oven...


    I already ate one though :)

    Looking forward to trying more of your recipes- THANK YOU!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Simply the best blueberry muffin I have ever had...much less made. I make them on a regular basis now. Thank you so much for sharing with the world!!

    ReplyDelete