Friday, August 14, 2009

Butter makes it better. Do I hear an Amen?


CHIPOTLE BUTTER

A dab of this spicy, creamy butter on a tender steak, burger, or corn on the cob is all you'll need for super flavor! Even slather on crusty bread and grill or broil until golden for your family - they'll love it.

I use this on everything. Fish, veggies...and just got a brainstorm to put it on popcorn. Woohoo!

(Adjust the heat by adding or taking away some of the pepper.)


~~~~


1 stick butter, softened
1-2 canned chipotle peppers, minced (seeded if desired)
2 tablespoons of the chipotle sauce that comes with the peppers
1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lime juice
1 tablespoon chopped cilantro
Pinch garlic powder

In a small bowl whip the butter, with an electric mixer, until smooth and fluffy. Add the minced peppers, chipotle sauce, lime juice, cilantro, and garlic powder. Whip until incorporated. Transfer to a serving bowl, cover and chill. (The longer it sits, the deeper the color and richer the flavor.) Just before serving put a teaspoon of the cold butter on cooked steak or burgers and allow it to melt over the top. For bread, leave softened for easier spreading. Makes 24 servings.

10 comments:

  1. I make chipotle mayo with 1 can chipotles with sauce and 6 or so cloves of garlic processed in the food processor or blender until smooth and added to a jar of mayo (I use Dukes with no sugar). It's wonderful with boiled shrimp and on chicken or beef. Now I'll have to try the butter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was going to say that chipotle makes everything better but you cannot go wrong with this combo. Let me just grab some corn and grill it up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, I think I can eat it just like this!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mmm, I love chipotle and would put this on everything!

    ReplyDelete
  5. yeah, you hear an amen. and a HALLELUJAH! since i tend to add butter and some form of heat to pretty much everything i make, this'll save me a step. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am obsessed with chipotle chilies, I have my friends and family bring cans of them over from the states. This recipe is one of my new favorites and I am copying it down immediately!

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW! Tried this recipe today after it appeared in my google reader and wow. That's all I can say. We tried it on our steak and corn on the cob and I may even have mixed it into my rice... It was amazing! Thanks for posting!

    ReplyDelete
  8. SUPER!!! I'm so glad you loved it. And the great thing is it lasts in the fridge for WEEKS!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey, thanks for the link! This sounds pretty tasty, and I bet it would be incredible on steak.

    ReplyDelete